Victims of Domestic Violence (VAWA Petitions)

Under the federal Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) you can become a lawful
permanent resident if a U.S. citizen has made you a victim of abuse. Both men and women can
apply. You may self-petition under VAWA by filing a Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or

Special Immigrant (Form I-360) without your abusive family member’s knowledge or consent. A
person who files a VAWA self-petition is generally known as a VAWA self-petitioner. You may
be eligible to become a lawful permanent resident if you are the victim of battery or extreme
cruelty committed by:

The Law Offices of Cindy Ramjattan-Paul handles VAWA cases with utmost delicacy and
care. Our staff is trained to emotionally and professionally handle these delicate situations. We
pride ourselves in the awareness and contributions we bring to abused and underserved